Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Sweet Birthday Card

Hi Friends, Today I'm sharing a pretty, yet quick and easy birthday card.  I created this for my dear friend Susie (aka Scrapsmart).  For papers I chose the "Sweet" page from Kaisercraft "Be-YOU-tiful" collection.  To begin, I cut the yellow background to 5x7 and the aqua card top to 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" to leave a 1/4" frame of each color around the card.   I distressed the edges of both layers then roughly sewed the edges using two different stitches. Then I fussy cut two flowers, shaped and inked them, and added a Kaisercraft "Sparklets" in sea breeze to finish the centers.  I dipped the leaves in a bit of  "Diamond Dust" for added sparkle and made a few Prima wire sprigs for a finishing touch.  
To assemble, I adhered the bottom yellow mat to a basic 5 x7 ivory card, layered on the aqua mat and  curled up the left corner to add a white "Soprano" flower from Prima.  I arranged the rest of the flowers to my liking, popping up the yellow ones for added dimension.  Tucked in the white flowers, leaves, and sprigs around the yellow flowers and there you have it, pretty yet easy and simple!   

Well friends, that's it for me today.  Thank you for dropping by, your visits are always appreciated!    Have a joyous day!  ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment