Monday, April 18, 2016

Easel Brithday Card

Today I'm sharing an easel birthday card I created for my fried Yvonne.  Easel cards are fun and easy to make and they display so pretty all by themselves!  Here's a few close ups and a bit of information on how to create your own:
An easel is created using two different lengths of cardstock.  Make your front any size you'd like, then make the bottom the same width, but make it at least 2" inches longer than your front.  Score the longer piece at the bottom at 1/2" and again at 2"  Fold your scored lines like an accordion.  Attach the 1/2" area about 1 1/2" up from the bottom of the backside of your card.  Fold the second score line towards the front of your card creating a base.  You'll need to add a stop on the bottom of the card so the front will stand up by itself.  
Thick lace works perfectly as a stop for the top of the card. You can also use buttons, brads, punched cardstock, just about anything that will create a 'lip' to hold the card upright.  
I covered the top, bottom and the unseen areas with green cardstock.  I fussy cut a few flowers, painted them with Glossy Accents and finished the centers with Butter colored Micro Beads from Prima.  I layered a die cut background over contrasting cardstock, and popped up the flowers for extra dimension.  Lastly, I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, added a few die cut Prima leaves, added sprigs of curled Prima wire and finished it with a punched butterfly.  

The decorating possibilities are endless with this style card so I hope you get creative and make one of your own!  Thank you so much for dropping by and I wish you a joyous day!  ~ Dawna


4 comments:

  1. Oh that's pretty. Nice inking around the flowers. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! I appreciate your kindness! Hugs ~ Dawna

      Delete
  2. Oh my, this is gorgeous! Love the colors, the layers, the flowers and inking, just everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer thank you so much for visiting and taking the time to leave such a sweet message! Big Hugs ~ Dawna

      Delete