Saturday, January 31, 2015

Our Story

Hi Friends,

One more layout from Teresa Collins sweet Summer Stories paper collection.  Teresa's signature style is clean and simple, which I love, but I thought I'd grunge it up a bit by distressing  this one.  I started with a background cut from the Paper Lace Cricut Cartridge, turned over the center circle and popped it up to layer my photo mats.  
I did make things easy on myself by using several ready made Prima flowers and leaves thought out my three flower clusters.  The big pink and black script flowers were handmade from Tim Holtz's Tattered Floral die. I love his die and the flowers it creates! 
To finish things of I inked the edges and sewed around the layout.  I also distressed the 'Story' chipboard pieces.  As we take one last look at the whole page you can see that I added more chipboard in the lower left corner and added a little 'photo' ticket next to the photo mat.
I enjoyed working with all the different colors in the 'Story' banner, but I have to admit that I'm not too sure about distressing papers that are styled for the clean and simple look.  Like all things artsy, I'm sure it will probably grow on me though!  

Well that's it for me today.  I hope you enjoyed this share and that you'll consider joining the site to see what comes next.   Have a happy day dear friends!  Big Hugs ~ Dawna

2 comments: