Sunday, August 24, 2014

"Vintage Dress Form Mirror for Goodie Bag Swap


Hi Friends,

This is the next post I'm making to share all the pretties I created and collected for a Goodie Bag Swap that Martica is hosting at scrapbook.com.   Please refer to the "Life Doesn't Have to Be Perfect to Be Wonderful" Tag Post for complete swap details.  

This is a 10 item secret sister swap, which is not only a large swap, but lots of fun since I already know my secret sister! This mirror is for category #7 the vintage altered item.

My secret sister loves shabby chic, vintage and in particular dress forms.  So I thought she might enjoy a mirror that she can display wherever her heart desires.  The vintage shabby chic frame holder is part of this gift, so she has the option of setting it on a table top or she can hang it. 

Here's a  few close up pictures I hope you enjoy:
Upper Corner Flower Cluster
The flowers are handmade using pearlized hot pink cardstock and Donna Salazar's Tattered Flower and Leaf Dies.  The hip rose buds are from Wild Orchards and the ornate corner chipboard is from Dusty Attic.  I Gessoed the chipboard so its a simple white matte finish.  The pearl brads are from Michael's. The background paper is from Teresa Collins "Sweet Afternoon" designer paper collection.  
Vintage Pearl Chandelier Close Up
This vintage chipboard chandelier is also from Dusty Attic.  I used Gesso as a base-coat, then finished it off with Liquid Pearls in White and Ruby Red.  I added a matching satin bow and hung a few small strings of iridescent pearls.  

Vintage Dress Form
This beautiful vintage dress form comes from Blue Fern Studio's and really dresses up this simple mirror.  I used the same media process for this as I did for the chandelier with the only difference being that I backed it using a basic pink cardstock so it wouldn't get lost in the patterned paper. 

Lower Corner Flower Cluster
This flower cluster is the same as the one described above.   I used green patterned paper from Graphic 45's Country French paper collection to create all the leaves and love the embossed effect (even though it doesn't show in these pictures). 

Well friends that's it for this post.  Thank you so much for dropping by and may I hope you're enjoying a perfectly wonderful day!   Big Hugs ~ Dawna

No comments:

Post a Comment