Wednesday, May 14, 2014

April Birthday Club

Front of Linny's Tag
Morning Friends,

I'm doing a little  catch-up on my blog today, so please forgive me if you've already seen this creation.  I will explain how I made this lovely tag and provide links to most of the materials, so if you'd like to know about that, feel free to follow along. 

This happy birthday tag is for my sweet friend Linny.  She's the kind of friend that always makes you smile, laugh, cry and everything in between.   But mostly, Linny always has something silly to say that reminds me not take myself or life too seriously.  I  love her for that wonderful quality and I'm so grateful to have her friendship!  

Linny loves romance and the vintage style so when I saw this wonderful image, I knew it would be perfect for her.  Last month I made my first tag (see Martica's Angel Tag) and I thought I would try my hand at it again for Linny.  I love the way the front turned out and here's a peek at the back.  I did a little experimenting with different stitches on my electronic sewing machine and loved how these stitches turned out: 
Back of Linny's Tag

I had a lot of fun creating this tag and kept the steps pretty simple.  To create the base tag, I made a front and back side so I could individually stitch on each side.  I shaped the tops before I started sewing.   I used black cardstock in the middle and trimmed it up so it highlighted the scalloped tag top and gave the tag a nice thin framed look.  The bottom was complimented by adding a green scalloped ribbon at the bottom.  I made sure to glue the scalloped ribbon on the back of one of the tags so when I glued all three layers together it was captured in the middle layers.  I finished off the top with an eyelet and piece of black velvet ribbon.  To embellish the bottom I used black chiffon double ruffled ribbon and ran a rhinestone trim across it to give it a pretty splash of bling!  
Front of Linny's Tag

To create the front, I feather stitched around the edges of the vintage image then backed it with pink cardstock.  I finished the edges by distressing them with Prima's chalk edger in black coal.  I slanted the image on the front and anchored the top and bottom corners with a piece of Prima's new medallion lace.  I blackened the lace pieces by spraying them with Prima's color bloom spray, vintage coal misting ink.  Then to anchor the image by creating a flower cluster with a center champagne pink rose, pink Prima botanical flowers, sweetheart blossomwhite rose buds and a few leaves under the flower cluster.  I balanced the top off  by adding a Tim Holtz vintage Parisian metal plate.  And voila, there you have it friends, all done! 

I was very happy with how this simple, yet elegant, tag came out.  I was especially pleased that Linny loved getting it!  Thank you for dropping by and having a peek.  If you have an extra minute to leave a comment, I always appreciate hearing from you.  Have a wonderful day and remember,  when create something from the heart you live life inspired!  Dawna ~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment